The Philips DPM8200 Digital recorder is made of lightweight stainless steel with a built-in motion sensor which can tell what position the recorder is in, and automatically changes the microphone selection. For example, when you are holding the recorder up to speak, the 3D microphone is set to dictation mode, but place the recorder on it’s back on a table and the motion sensor changes the microphone to conference mode automatically.
A docking station comes as standard with the DPM8200 and also the new version 8.7 of SpeechExec Pro dictate for PC. Together they make transferring your dictation files to your computer as simple as possible. Just place the recorder into the dock and your files are automatically downloaded to your computer. With the SpeechExe software you can play back your files or send them on to your typist via email or network. The batteries will be charged at the same time.
Your recordings can be secured in real time using 256bit encryption, so that only the author and typist who know the password will be able to open and play back the files. The DPM8200 can also be locked by a pin code, so only authorised users can operate it.
- Wear-free slide switch – The quick-response ergonomic slide switch is designed for single-handed operation of all recording and playback functions, allowing easy and quick file editing (insert, overwrite, append). It operates with a light sensor signal, making it wear-free and durable.
- 3D Mic system for best audio quality – The breakthrough 3D Mic technology uses the built-in microphones to always deliver the best recording results: an omnidirectional microphone offering 360 degrees sound pick-up, ideal for the recording of multiple sound sources such as meetings, and a unidirectional microphone optimised for voice recording and an accurate speech recognition results.
- High data security – recordings can be encrypted in real time using the Advanced Encryption Standard.
- The device itself can be assigned a PIN code to protect against unauthorised use.
- Docking Cradle – The stable and superior docking station provides speedy charging and automatic transfer of your recording to your computer. With an optional foot control connected, the docking station enables hands-free recording and transcription even without a computer.
- Monitor sensor – the built in motion sensor senses when the device is placed on the desk or held in the hand and selects the microphone accordingly to suit the recording situation. The motion sensor switches automatically into standby mode when the device is idle. Once the Pocket Memo is picked up again, it is ready to record within seconds.
- Classic mode – many users still love their analogue devices for their simplicity and user-friendliness, The optional classic modes gives the user the look and feel of working with an analogue device wile retaining the advantages of digital technology.