J-Dictate gives you the confidence of being able to dictate text into the computer and know that what you’ve spoken is accurate. Have fun and get more done on your PC!
- Full echo back of your dictation, either phrase by phrase or when a sentence is completed
- Keystrokes to verify whether the microphone is enabled or disabled, together with how much text is echoed back as you speak and to activate and deactivate the microphone with provided audio cues
- Rapid methods of correcting errors
- Backup and restore utilities. Save and restore your Dragon Voice Profile to your local computer or external / network source
- Additional support for training the pronunciation of words and phrases
- Context sensitive guided prompts when creating a Voice Profile for the first time
- Complete access to the Dragon NaturallySpeaking Vocabulary Editor
- Additional support when using Dragon’s audio transcription facilities
- Create J-Dictate Text Notes for reproducing large blocks of text with a single voice command. Works even with Dragon Home
- Quickly create commands to mention a user on Twitter or to send a Direct Message with many Twitter clients
- Full comprehensive User Guide which describes installation together with teaching you how to use the product to get the most from it, all delivered from a blind person’s perspective
- On the Go. Capture your thoughts and ideas while away from the computer and convert them to text when you are back to your computer automatically using the app
- J-Dictate allows you to dictate text into almost any application and have the text echoed back. In the event that Dragon NaturallySpeaking itself is unable to communicate directly with the required program, the Dictation Box can be used. This is an environment where text can be dictated and edited before immediate transfer to the application.
- J-Dictate does not disrupt any JAWS default settings files. When the JAWS program is updated, even from one major version to another, J-Dictate will still function without any intervention.
- J-Dictate can use the least expensive of the Nuance Dragon NaturallySpeaking product line. It works with Dragon NaturallySpeaking Home or Premium. Home Edition is ideal for straightforward dictation, however you may wish to purchase Premium for use alongside an iPhone or digital recorder.
- Pentium 4 or Core 2 Duo Processor (or laptop computer equivalent)
- 4GB of RAM
- 16-Bit ‘on board’ soundcard (Full duplex) or preferably a compatible USB Digital Sound Converter
- All releases of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10
- JAWS for Windows version 11 through to 18
- Dragon NaturallySpeaking Premium, Professional, Professional Individual